Letter from the CEO
Adaptability and patience were words used the last time I wrote the introduction to our Sustainability Report. 2022 was yet another highly unpredictable year. The on-going war in Ukraine with all its ripple effects, combined with macroeconomic difficulties, has challenged societies, businesses and people all over the world. In addition to this, it is vitally important that we do not forget that we have major climate issues to solve, and it is urgent.
Our strategic vision is to improve our customers’ competitiveness by delivering systems and services giving reduced life-cycle costs, high operational reliability and reduced emissions. This vision remains unchanged. Entering 2023, we have strong initiatives to support this vision:
- Further accelerating the development of new products & services, adding even more resources to our highly skilled development teams.
- Continued investment to ensure world-class manufacturing and minimal footprint from our integrated value chain.
- An established roadmap to ensure that we reach ambitious ESG goals. To mention an example, “Greenhouse gas accounting” for scope 1-3 will be delivered in 2023.
- In 2022 we started to work on the “Norwegian Transparency Act” which will continue in 2023 to ensure compliance and reporting. Reviewed and updated versions of our Ethical Guidelines and Supplier Code of Conduct are available on our website.
- Our people are our most important asset, by far. Attracting, developing, and retaining the best people is at the heart of our corporate strategy.
The maritime industry has its ups and downs. The outlook for Brunvoll’s markets for the next years, both in renewables and other traditional segments, is promising. However, as a 110-year-old family-owned group, it is important to bear in mind the long-term perspectives of building a sustainable business.
In the last few months of 2022, we finalised our Strategy for 2023-2025. This spring we will spend significant time together with all employees to ensure that we have a common understanding of Brunvoll’s strategic goals. Only when we have a common understanding of the strategy, we can work together effectively and with dedication to reach our ambitions.
Our values, Reliable, Committed and Responsible are core elements of our strategy. Every day, we will strive to make all stakeholders associate us with these values. This is not easy, nor will we ever see the end of this process, but we remain persistent in our efforts acting in line with our core values.
From all of us in Brunvoll; keep working together. Together we can shape a better future!
Kåre Øyvind Vassdal
Group CEO, Brunvoll