In many ways it is an era in Brunvoll’s history which now takes a new direction. During Knut’s distinct management, the Group’s technical areas have gone through enormous growth and development steps. In our five locations in Norway, we now have approximately 85 dedicated employees in our engineering department. We have never used more resources to the development of our product portfolio to meet our customers’ demands for the future. Group CEO, Kåre Øyvind Vassdal
Brunvoll’s EVP Engineering & Product Development Knut Andresen, PhD (67) will step into a new role as SVP Strategic Development from January 2023. In his new role, Andresen will focus on the strategic development of Brunvoll, cooperating with the rest of the management team, and will report to Group CEO Kåre Øyvind Vassdal.
- In many ways it is an era in Brunvoll’s history which now takes a new direction. During Knut’s distinct management, the Group’s technical areas have gone through enormous growth and development steps. In our five locations in Norway, we now have approximately 85 dedicated employees in our engineering department. We have never used more resources to the development of our product portfolio to meet our customers’ demands for the future, says Group CEO Kåre Øyvind Vassdal.
- Strategically and operationally, Brunvoll has always emphasized our employees as our most important asset. This is a foundation both for our owners and employees. In addition, the owners’ long-term thinking and our strategy when it comes to “Production in Norway”, is something that I like to point out being crucial to our development over the years. I look forward to continuing working in Brunvoll, focusing on strategic development, and I am sure that our skilled employees will continue to strengthen Brunvoll’s position in the maritime industry, says Knut Andresen.
Due to the scope and development speed within our technical areas, Brunvoll has now decided to divide Andresen’s role in two equal roles. It is with great enthusiasm Brunvoll can share that once again, we have succeeded finding successors within our own organization.
Thomas Vekve, PhD (51) has been appointed “EVP Engineering – Mechanical & Hydrodynamics”. Vekve joined Brunvoll AS in 2017 where he has been responsible for engineering and product development mechanical (VP Engineering, Brunvoll AS). He holds a MSc in product development and production, and a PhD from NTNU in hydraulic fluid flow machines. Prior to joining Brunvoll he acted as CEO for Møreforskning Molde and has also held various positions within Axess Group including Director for Business Development.
- I look forward to continuing the work that Knut and Brunvoll have put down for many years, and it is with a bit of awe I take on this task. Brunvoll have ambitious plans going forward, so this is something I really look forward contributing to.
Frode Bloch (50) has been appointed “EVP Engineering – Controls & Electrical”. Bloch joined Brunvoll AS and the position VP Autonomy, in charge of product development autonomy, in 2020. He holds a MSc in marin technique from NTNU. Frode brings a wealth of experience to the role from his years with Rolls Royce Marine (now Kongsberg Maritime) as Product Owner for positioning systems.
- Brunvoll has come far with an ambitious and future-oriented strategic plan within control systems and autonomy. I am thrilled to get the chance to shape this going forward together with skilled employees in a Group that really invests in developing new, innovative solutions for our customers.
- We are very happy and satisfied that we have been able to find worthy internal successors for Knut Andresen. They both have extensive and solid experience in the maritime industry and will continue to develop all the excellent work done by our engineering team. I really look forward having them as a part of the Group Management of Brunvoll in these exciting times that lay ahead of us.
Group CEO, Kåre Øyvind Vassdal